Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Convert to Vegetarianism

One morning, I woke up and decided that the Right Thing To Do would be to become a vegetarian. So, I dutifully ate corn flakes and toast for breakfast and felt superior. After all, wasn’t vegetarianism better for my health and for the planet? That’s what so many claimed. Surely they must be right. Right?

Right?!?!?!

Feeling just ever so darn good about my decision, I put off thinking about what I would eat for lunch because my family (two sons and now ex-wife) and I were going to be spending the day at a local folk festival. We piled into the car and headed off.

When we walked in, we were greeted by one of these:

Cow on a Spit Shout Out: Ev Grieve

That’s right, an entire cow on a spit.

The aroma was intoxicating, overwhelming. I was transported. Transformed. Transmogrified! I knew then and there that I was a carnivore and always would be. My vegetarianism vanished on the spot. It had lasted about two hours.

In over 15 years I’ve never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS POLICY: Comments on this site are not moderated, but may be deleted at the discretion of the site moderators. All civil comments are welcome, regardless of content. If a comment is deleted, reasons may be provided, but usually will not be.